2011年9月15日 星期四

Giggs still feels fresh








Giggs仍然精力充沛



Ryan Giggs still has no plans to retire, even though the man in the opposing dug-out at Old Trafford on Sunday will be much younger than his 37 years.

即使在星期天的Old Trafford 球場中,對面休息區中的年齡會比他的37歲年輕上許多,Ryan Giggs依舊沒有退休的打算。


The evergreen Manchester United midfielder scored a tremendous goal against Benfica on Wednesday night and will be eager to face Andre Villas-Boas' Chelsea side after playing a key role in the Blues' Champions League downfall last term.

這位Manchester United的常青中場球員在星期三晚上對上Benfica時取得了一個很重要進球,並且相當渴望在對上Andre Villas-Boas所領軍的Chelsea時能在場上擔任重要的角色。


"Yes, it's slightly strange I suppose seeing managers younger than me," he admitted to MUTV. "I mean he's obviously had a successful time at Porto and Pep Guardiola is only 40 so it might be a trend that is starting to happen."

他向MUTV承認,當他看到總教練比自己年輕時確實感到有點奇怪,他說:「我認為他在Porto取得了很顯著的勝利,而且Pep Guardiola也才40歲,所以這種年輕化也許是種趨勢。」


United's infusion of young talent into the side is ensuring Giggs remains hungry and in tip-top condition as he looks to extend his record-breaking run in the club's first-team.

United新進的年輕新秀激勵了Giggs,讓他更能維持住內心的渴望與顛峰的狀態,這讓他能繼續在俱樂部的first-team中延續他所破的記錄。


"I think I'm just enjoying it," he stressed. "Enjoying the challenge each season. The young players carry you through at times in training, when you're feeling a bit down or a bit slow, they are nipping at your heels and just dragging you on. They're making you feel sharp and train that much harder.

他緊張地表示:「我認為我只是在享受這一切,享受每一季的挑戰,在訓練的過程中,那些年輕的球員會激勵你,當你覺得自己有一點落後或有一點慢時,他們就像在刺著你腳後跟一般激勵著你,他們會讓你對自己更加警覺並更加努力地進行訓練。」


"Of course, with the manager and all of your other team-mates, you don't want to let them down. You constantly want to keep the quality you've had during your career, although my game's changed, I've still got to try and contribute to the team which, hopefully, I will carry on doing.

「你不能去拖累教練以及你其它的隊友,你必須不斷地維持著你職業生涯的能力,儘管我的比賽已經改變了,我仍然希望試著對球隊作出貢獻,我將會持續這麼做!


"I've not got any targets at all. If I pass these milestones then it's great but I've never set myself any targets. I try and enjoy it and try to win things. It's what I'm doing. Every moment, every week, every season is a bonus to me now.

我不再對自己設限,如果我越過了這里程碑,這將是很美好的,但我將不會再對自己設限,我試著去享受一切且試著去贏得一切,這將是我未來要做的事,每一刻、每一週、每一季對我而言都是額外的美好。


"I was getting ready to finish two or three years ago but I'm still enjoying it. It's why I'm carrying on. If I start not enjoying it or feel I'm not contributing to the team, I'll call it a day.

「我在兩三年前曾經已準備好要離開球場了,但如今我仍舊在享受這一切,這也我會繼續下去的原因。如果我開始無法享受這一切或是我無法對球隊做出貢獻,那將會是我離開的時候。


In terms of a future beyond his playing days, Giggs still has no firm plans in place

對於未來的職業生涯,Giggs仍舊沒有確切的規畫。


"I don't think any players are really ready for retirement," he explained. "Ask a player what he misses and most players don't miss training, nor games. What they miss is going in to training and having the banter, seeing the team spirit. So it's tough to say you are going to miss it.

他表示:「我認為沒有任何的球員是真正對退休作好準備的,當你問一名球員,他所想念的是什麼,大部分的球員所想念的既不是訓練也不是比賽,他們所想念的是參與訓練、嬉笑怒罵、以及球隊的氣氛,所以你很難說你會懷念這一切。


"The buzz of going out at Old Trafford for big league games and big Champions League games and the feeling you get when you win a game - I'm going to miss all that.

「我將會想念在Old Trafford中,大型聯賽以為冠軍盃聯賽中的吶喊聲,以及在比賽中獲勝的感覺。」


"You just try and prepare yourself to look for the next best thing, whether it'll be TV, coaching or other business interests, you try and prepare yourself. At the moment, I just want to get my badges done and take it from there. I'm really not saying 'no' to anything in football.

「你只要努力並為自己尋找下一個最好的事,無論是電視、教練、或是其它的商業利益,你必須為了你自己而去嘗試並作好準備,在這一刻,我只想完成我的成就並從這裡得到它。我在足球場上從不會對任何事說不!


"You just prepare yourself as much as you can, but there's just so much concentration on playing, it's difficult to do that - especially at the start of a season. Maybe at the turn of the year, if I know I'm going to finish or am feeling I'm going to finish, I'll just start trying to prepare myself a little bit more."

「你只要盡可能地做好準備,但必須要集中於比賽之中,這是件很困難的事,尤其是在賽季的一開始。也許在這一年中,如果我知道我將要結束或是覺得自己將要結束,我只會為自己做好更多的準備。」







Giggs是變態!!
沒錯,他絕對是變態!!
已經37歲了,卻還能像現在這樣活躍於世界頂尖足球隊伍的場中,
有多少37歲的中年人還能像他一樣長時間奔跑於球場之中?
即使現在他已經很少擔任先發了,
但他在場上的時候依舊不短,
是什麼原因讓他能像現在這樣保持住他在Manchester United的地位?
除了變態外,我實在是想不出其它理由了!






沒有留言:

張貼留言